9 years is approaching

 My 9 years working in security is approaching fast and it will become a decade in no time. February 2027 will mark my 10th Anniversary. I have seen so much change in the security industry as a whole. I have a whole time line of events that I had experienced while working in security 

2018: I started my first job working in healthcare security for a HCA hospital in Denver, CO. It was my first security job that went beyond observe & Report. I learned to work in a fast paced environment where anything can happen at any notice. I worked with Behavioral Health patients from doing suicide watches to patrolling. I had my fare share of physical assaults where I was physically assaulted on the job by combative patients. 

2020: The Pandemic had changed up a lot on how things are done for both security and law enforcement. Before the pandemic, security would have great support from law enforcement. In the summer of 2020 during the George Floyd Protests, the Anti-police/Reform movement kicked off. Throughout the nation law enforcement went through major changes and some of those changes affected security directly. I continued to work in healthcare environment until 2022. 


2022: While in between security jobs, I had stepped down from healthcare security due to being ill. I continued to be in the healthcare environment but as a different role. I was employed by Centura Health that ended up disbanding later that year. I became a patient safety sitter where I would watch patients that were considered at risk. I also held other security jobs working in the retail sector. I was now working armed security at a hotel in downtown Denver linked to a popular transit hub. I worked overnights for 10 months straight while going to EMS school at the same time. I ended up leaving both roles in 2023. 


2023: I started a new security job and stuck with it since. I now work in the public sector where I interact with the public. I work in the downtown area. I deal with the unhoused population while providing security services. Sometimes I feel like I am their care taker. I help connect folks to outreach services, respond to medical calls, and resolve behavioral related issues. I have saved countless lives and also experienced traumatic events. I am still going strong in the industry. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update in Life